Sunday, June 22, 2008

I'm Still Alive!

Gosh, it's been a while since I posted anything here! Much as I hate to admit it, any literary efforts have been expended elsewhere on writing some insightful and pertinent observations based around Big Brother (UK) 2008.......(OK, it's a fair cop, I've been taking the piss!). I really don't understand the fascination of watching a disparate group of wannabes cooped up together 24/7 but it gives me enough stimulation to release my inner bitchiness.

Right, a quick update on events in Bassett Towers recently:

Master Bassett has realised an ambition he has held since he was about 12 and been formally offered employment as an officer in the Sussex Constabulary, starting in October. I am incredibly proud of his success but, more than that, the single-mindedness he has shown in achieving it.

Miss Bassett has finished her "A" Levels and can look forward to a few months of lazing around. She's worked hard as well so, whatever happens, a summer of pleasure beckons.

Mrs B has got the go-ahead for her knee replacement so there's some daylight for her. The morphine patches are now at full strength but don't seem to help much and we're investigating the possibilities of Jack Daniels on prescription! She's also painted a whole series of Discworld characters in watercolour and they're really rather fun. Trouble with characters though is that we each see them differently so some were not as I imagined. They are not from her head but interpretations of Paul Kidby's originals from "The Art of Discworld"

(click picture to enlarge)


Me? Well, I just toddle along. I've been doing quite a lot of aircraft modelling lately which occupies a lot of my time and may blog it at some point. Apart from that, life meanders along the highways, byeways and cul de sacs in that strange way it has. Fathers Day was a bit strange last week. More thoughts of Dad than I reckoned for but my kids spoiled me and bought a huge gooey chocolate cake to make up for my lack of ability to eat on my birthday, due to Gertie Gall Bladder.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back blogging Bertie, Congrats to the minor Bassets and best wishes for Mrs B.

Anonymous said...

As Bob said, it's good to see you back blogging, although I have seen your 'work' at Digital Spy so know you've been busy there (very amusing it's been too).

Titania xox